First of all, please ensure that the INKBIRD WIFI product is placed within the 2.4GHz wifi signal range. Please keep the product as close as possible to the 2.4GHz wifi router.
(INKBIRD WIFI products do not support 5GHz wifi.)
Please note that the WIFI signal may be affected by obstacles such as doors/walls/windows.
Please make sure that the app is the latest version and the location function of your phone is turned on.
Wireless protocol: 802.11 b/g/n, but cannot be set to 11n only;
Security mode: WPA/WPA2
Authentication type: AES
☆ There is no limit to the number of connected devices on the router.
Please use slow blink mode to connect, (When connecting, please put the Wifi product as close as possible to the router and mobile phone):
- Turn the device WIFI indicator to slow flashing.
- The mobile phone is connected to the 2.4GHz wifi (Please make sure that the phone is not connected to the 5GHz wifi band), the 2.4GHz wifi router can successfully surf the Internet, and the location permission has been opened.
- Open the app, select the AP mode, enter the wifi name and password, the app will prompt to connect to smartlife-xxx. Do not click Confirm at this time.
- Please switch the page to the mobile phone wifi connection settings, after connecting to the smartlife-xxx hotspot, it will display “connected without internet”.
- Then please return to the app immediately, click confirm, and it will enter the connection mode.
If it still cannot be connected, please use a different phone to test.
Because some mobile phone settings will also affect the connection of the device, this can be used to troubleshoot whether the problem is caused by the phone settings.
☆If it is a device that was able to connect successfully but cannot connect now.
Please make sure that the connection distance, router and mobile phone settings have not been changed.
Please delete the historical offline device of the app, then re-pair according to the previous steps.
There are some official videos and customer videos on Youtube for reference, maybe it will be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/Inkbird-smart-homes/videos