Using Inkbird to keep an underground waterline from freezing

I’m new to inkbird and want to know what the best settings would be on the ITC 308 controller to prevent my underground waterline (with a heater line attached ) from freezing

Hello,
It depends on what temperature range you want to maintain.
The principle of the ITC-308 is, when the temperature reaches/ lower than TS (temperature setting value) - HD (heating difference value), it will turn on the heater, turn off at TS.
When the temperature reaches/ higher than TS + CD (cooling difference value), it will turn on the cooler, turn off at TS.
For example, you want to maintain 25°C, the temperature range is 23°C ~28°C. Please set TS=25, HD (heating difference value)=2, CD (cooling difference value)=3. When the temperature reaches/ lower than 23°C (TS-HD), it will turn on the heater, turn off at 25°C. When the temperature reaches/ higher than 28°C (TS+CD), it will turn on the cooler, turn off at 25°C.

Hi Tanya, I am managing the device from my App so the terminology is different (the device is at my cottage). If I understand correctly, will this work for me?..
**To avoid the line freezing and to avoid the alarm sounding use these settings:

• Alarm (“low temperature value”) at 3C
  • Target Temp (“SV”) = 5C
  • Heating difference (“heating hysteresis temp”) = 1
  • Cooling Diff (“cooling back temp”) = 6

If I do the above, the range will stay between 4C and 11C and the alarm should not sound.

Is this right?

If you are using the ITC-308-WIFI, please refer to this post:

Please check AH (High tempearture value) and AL (Low temperature value), they are related to the alarm sound and their settings are separate from the temperature control settings.
Depending on your settings, the ITC-308-WIFI will control the heater and cooler to maintain a temperature range of 4C-11C and if the temperature reaches or falls below 3C it will trigger AL alarm. However, because temperatures may fluctuate, 3C is close to 4C. If you do not need the alarm function, please set AL to 0 so that it will not trigger.