ITC-308 settings

Hi,

I’d like to use the ITC-308 to keep some condition beer from freezing. I have the beer in my garage as it gets very cold there in the winter. So I’m trying to use the ITC-308 just to keep it from freezing, basically in the 35f-40f range. I have a heating mat wrapped around the carboy and nothing plugged into the cooling plug. I’ve tried different configurations of the target and differential settings, but can’t quite get it to stay in the 35-40 range - it’s always above 40. How might I accomplish this?

Hello,
Do you mean you want to control the heater to maintain 35F~40F through ITC-308?
If yes, please plug the heater into the heating socket and set:
TS=40, HD=5, CF=F, other settings are factory default values.
In addition, please make sure that the heater meets:

1. The power is within the range of 110V-240V, 10A
  2. No built-in temperature control / built-in temperature control will not affect the control of the ITC-308 controller
  3. It can automatically turn on after power on, it does not need to manually press a button to turn on

The working principle of ITC-308 is:
When the temperature reaches/is lower than TS (temperature setting value)-HD (heating difference value), it will turn on the heater, turn off at TS.
When the temperature reaches/is higher than TS + CD (cooling difference value), it will turn on the cooler, turn off at TS.

Thank you for the description of how the inkbird is supposed to function. After some considerable testing my unit does not function this way and I believe there is a bug in the software. My unit continues to cool until TS-HD is reached! I.e it doesnt turn off at TS can I please get a software update to fix this problem?

The working principle of ITC-308 is:
When the temperature reaches/is lower than TS (temperature setting value)-HD (heating difference value), it will turn on the heater, turn off at TS.
When the temperature reaches/is higher than TS + CD (cooling difference value), it will turn on the cooler, turn off at TS.

May I know the values ​​of TS, HD, and CD you set?

TS=19ºC HH=0.3 and CD=0.6 These settings seem to be working but only when I set the refrigeration delay to 0min

Depending on the settings, the temperature range maintained by ITC-308 is 18.7C~19.6C. Since the difference between 18.7C and 19C is very small, we cannot rule out whether it is because the reading changes too fast, for example, the reading skips 19C and displays 18.7C, causing the illusion that the ITC-308 turns off the cooling output at the TS-HD value.
In order to test the device, please set HD to a larger value, such as 5. Please check in this case, does the ITC-308 turn off the cooling output when the temperature reaches or falls below 19C?