Probes no longer accurate ink bird smart barbecue thermometer IBT-4XS

I have an ink bird smart barbecue thermometer
Model: IBT-4XS.

Problem: some of my probes give erratic readings (similar to post IBT-4XS Probe Problem)

The device now is becoming unusable.
I often use the probes on stakes within my Weber q.
For my cooking technique I normally pump up the gas to full power for about 10 minutes until it gets to around 250° C. I try cooking the steak by flipping it every minute or so until it gets to the internal temperature of 53 degrees Celsius.

I’m not exactly sure what to do now part of me is wondering whether I have overheated the probe and whether I need to invest in a different product that can handle more heat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,
May I know how many probes are having problems?
Just to confirm, have you tried the testing method mentioned in that post?
When flipping steaks, does the probe/probe wire make direct contact with the oven?
Please understand that the temperature range that the IBT-4XS probe can withstand is 0~250°C /32~482°F.
If the ambient temperature is 250°C, the temperature of the oven itself may be higher than 250°C.

Hi there no I haven’t tried any troubleshooting. I actually didn’t realise the maximum temperature is 250 degrees Celsius. I’ve definitely put it past it’s limits. I think I need to invest in a price that supports a higher limit.