IBT-4XS Probe Problem

Hello everyone I’m having troubles with the probe that sits on the grill rack held in place by a clip. Last night the temperature reading from this probe varied quite eratically say between 85 and 200 degrees and then back down to some other readings. The probe that was in the meat was stable in temperature finishing at about 65 degrees in the pork tenderloin.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it simply a case of replacing the probe with a new one?

Hello,
If you test it indoors, does it read accurately?
If the temperature still fluctuates, please put the probe and probe’s cable (excluding the probe’s plug) in a 150C (302 F) oven for 30 minutes, then test it with boiling water ( please hang the probe and don’t let it touch the container). Can it work?
Please note that the cable of the probe (silver wire) is not waterproof. Please do not immerse the cable in the water when washing the temperature probe.
Otherwise, it will show an incorrect temperature if there is water in the cable.

Hello Tania
Thanks for the prompt and informative reply, I’ll give that a try shortly and keep you informed of the results.
John

Hello Tania,
I got the device out this afternoon as my wife had just set the oven to 150 degrees for cooking. As I switched the device on the first reading was 304deg! Woo how could I hold that?
I’m not sure if this video clip will transmit but here goes:

(Attachment 20230723_182803.mov is missing)

Hello Tania,
I got the device out this afternoon as my wife had just set the oven to 150 degrees for cooking. As I switched the device on the first reading was 304deg! Woo how could I hold that?
There was no point in putting it in the oven as when I held the wire at the point where it enters the probe the temperature jumped wildly between readings most of which were above 100 degrees.
I tried sending a video clip but I got the message back saying that it couldn’t be accepted - perhaps the file size was too big.
John

Hello John,
Please send the video and order information to email support@inkbird.com.
My colleagues will provide after-sales service.