Unit is incompatible with new probes

I purchased the IBBQ-4BW, which is a quite nice, 4 input, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth temperature reader. At first one of the probes started reading incorrectly, so I ordered another one the same color to replace it. That’s when my problems started. I received the probe and promptly went to use it. It didn’t work, so I tried on a different output jack. That didn’t work either. I tried the old probes in those jacks and now they didn’t work either. After close examination I found that the probe that was mailed to me measured .593” in length. The original probes measure.451” in length. That’s a difference a little over 1/8”. That was apparently enough to damage the main unit. Now, another probe has gone out. So, I’m down to 2 probes and 2 output jacks and I can’t order any more probes because they’re incompatible and on top of that, only 2 jacks remaining working. Not too cool. I don’t want to buy another new unit if those problems exist. What are my options?

Hello,
Please understand that different models of thermometer probes may be incompatible. Please be careful to distinguish between probe models when purchasing replacement probes. If you test a working probe by plugging it into the 1-4 port, does it work? Please understand that we need to check if there is any problem with the port.
If there is just a problem with the original probe, please use this method of troubleshooting first:
Please put the probe and probe’s cable (excluding the probe’s plug) in a 150C (302 F) oven for 30 minutes, then test it with boiling water (please hang the probes and do not let it touch the container). Can it work?
Please note that the cable of the probe (silver wire) is not waterproof. Please do not immerse the cable in the water when washing the temperature probe.
If it is still faulty, please provide your IBBQ-4BW and replacement probe order information to email support@inkbird.com.

“Please understand that different models of thermometer probes may be incompatible. Please be careful to distinguish between probe models when purchasing replacement probes. If you test a working probe by plugging it into the 1-4 port, does it work? Please understand that we need to check if there is any problem with the port.” Incompatible, they are. All the ports were working prior to plugging in the probe sent to me. After plugging in the probe sent to me, those ports will no longer work. That sounds pretty convincing to me.

“If there is just a problem with the original probe, please use this method of troubleshooting first:
Please put the probe and probe’s cable (excluding the probe’s plug) in a 150C (302 F) oven for 30 minutes, then test it with boiling water (please hang the probes and do not let it touch the container). Can it work?” There is no problem with the original probes. They measure just fine. I’m a software engineer and have verified that the temperature they read is very close to what my other instruments read with an oven or boiling water. It is not the original probe that’s defective.

“Please note that the cable of the probe (silver wire) is not waterproof. Please do not immerse the cable in the water when washing the temperature probe.” I did not immerse the new cable in water. As I explained before, the length of the new probe connector is slightly longer than the original probe. This extra length was enough to damage the original unit. At this point, my problem is not just that the company sent me a probe that was incompatible. My problem is that the incompatible probe damaged my main unit by going in just a little further than it should. If I were to get the proper replacement probe, that would not fix the problem that was caused by the probe that was originally sent to me. I did not order the wrong probe. I ordered the probe based on the model number of the main unit I have. I don’t know what else I could have done on my part. I need the main unit replaced with probes that work. Do you work for the InkBird company?

Carlos

“Please understand that different models of thermometer probes may be incompatible. Please be careful to distinguish between probe models when purchasing replacement probes. If you test a working probe by plugging it into the 1-4 port, does it work? Please understand that we need to check if there is any problem with the port.” Incompatible, they are. All the ports were working prior to plugging in the probe sent to me. After plugging in the probe sent to me, those ports will no longer work. That sounds pretty convincing to me.

“If there is just a problem with the original probe, please use this method of troubleshooting first:
Please put the probe and probe’s cable (excluding the probe’s plug) in a 150C (302 F) oven for 30 minutes, then test it with boiling water (please hang the probes and do not let it touch the container). Can it work?” There is no problem with the original probes. They measure just fine. I’m a software engineer and have verified that the temperature they read is very close to what my other instruments read with high or low temperatures. That’s pretty good corroboration, wouldn’t you say? It is not the original probe that’s defective.

“Please note that the cable of the probe (silver wire) is not waterproof. Please do not immerse the cable in the water when washing the temperature probe.” I did not immerse the new cable in water. As I explained before, the length of the new probe connector is slightly longer than the original probe. This extra length was enough to damage the original unit. At this point, my problem is not just that the company sent me a probe that was incompatible. My problem is that the incompatible probe damaged my main unit by going in just a little further than it should. If I were to get the proper replacement probe, that would not fix the problem that was caused by the probe that was originally sent to me. I did not order the wrong probe. I ordered the probe based on the model number of the main unit I have. I don’t know what else I could have done on my part. I need the main unit replaced with probes that work. Do you work for the InkBird company?

Carlos

Could you please provide link to this post, your IBBQ-4BW and replacement probe order information to email support@inkbird.com for after-sales service?
INKBIRD engineers can also perform tests based on this information.
Thank you.