IBS-TH5 and Tethering

I have a IBS-TH5 thermometer which has become unreliable on a tethered hotspot. I have gone through the support videos and I am able to add it to the network fine, but it stops working after a day or so. If it’s on my home network, there’s no problem and it will stay connected perpetually.

It also worked consistently well on the same network for months, but now is unreliable.

Any ideas?

Hello,
Do you mean you used two phones and connected the IBS-TH5 to the hotspot of one of the phones?
If you place the IBS-TH5 next to the hotspot, can it maintain the connection?
Is the hotspot connected to other devices as well? If so, after disconnecting 2-3 WiFi devices, does the situation improve?
Please make sure the hotspot network is working.

I was able to temporarily solve this problem by changing the wifi SSID to something else. After doing that, it worked fine for two months. This weekend, I charged the unit up, and after being charged it no longer connects to the hotspot. Cool feature.

To your original quesions: Yes, I used two phones, one as hotspot and one to do the setup. The IBS is less than 12in to the phone, so it’s not a signal problem. There is another monitoring device that uses the hotspot, so there is very little activity on the hotspot in general. It’s not an interference problem.

It just seems that after a while it rejects whatever SSID I’m using and needs a new one. This is a really annoying feature because I will need to reprogram the other monitoring device every time I change the SSID.

I have reported this issue to the engineers. Please understand that this may take some time to reproduce in order to test the issue :cry:.
May I know if the IBS-TH5 will work now if you change the SSID again?
If not, please provide the order information and this link to email support@inkbird.com for after-sales service.