IBS-TH2 display doesn't clear the 1 digit (ie 1xx) if the Temp exceeds 100deg C momentarily

At this point… given the simplicity of how to reproduce and test this phenomenon - the 1 not disappearing when the display goes over 100 degree F I guess we’ll have to resort to the algorithm in our head.

While standing in front of the IBS-TH2 sensor and the temperature reads over 100 degrees F:

Is it freaking hot? → must be over 100 degrees!
It’s not freaking hot… → must be less than 100 degrees, thus 179 is really 79 degrees!

:slight_smile:

Anyone hear anything on this topic outside this forum topic?

Thanks!

That may be a solution that works for some, but not me. I have the external probe measuring the temp of my heating system insulated glycol lines. If i poke my head in the room and see 179 on the display I think everything is good, where as the fire could have gone out and it is only 79, and that would be bad.
They are sending me a replacement again so hopefully they have corrected the problem and they read correctly.

Hello,
Could you please provide the video of this problem and order information to support@inkbird.com?
My colleagues will provide after-sales service.
Thanks.

Got my second set in the mail and can confirm the problem is now fixed. Thanks!

That’s great. Hope mine will be the same.

Thanks Tania! I have forwarded the information to the support email as requested.

Regards, Jay

1 Like