Q: Can I access the current temperature from anywhere in the world thanks to wifi as long as I have an internet connection?

A: You can monitor the temperature with Inkbird Pro App at any time, no matter where you are, as long as you have a network connection. Once you have completed the initial setup and use, there is no distance limit. After the device has been set up, it is permanently connected to the access point/router to send the data to the cell phone. The thermometer also connects to the cloud, it was easy to control the temperature sensors on the cell phone remotely (outside the home and only connected via the mobile network, no VPN connection to the home network was necessary).

I’ve set up my ITC-306A. I can view the temperature on my mobile phone app…but I cannot control the unit (change the temperature points) unless I am connected to the same network. How do I set up the controller so it ‘connects to the cloud’ as mentioned above, so I can can change the settings "anywhere in the world’. Thanks! Chris