Q&A: The difference between IBS-M1 first generation & IBS-M1 second generation

The IBS-M1 first generation can connect up to 4 sensors. The supported sensor models are: IBS-TH1, IBS-TH1 Mini, IBS-TH1 Plus, IBS-P01B, ITH-20R-O, IBS-P01R-O.

The IBS-M1 second generation is upgraded from the original functions of the IBS-M1 first generation. It can connect up to 50 sensors, the supported sensor models are: IBS-TH1, IBS-TH1 Mini, IBS-TH1 Plus, IBS-P01B, ITH-20R-O, IBS-P01R-O, IBS-TH2, IBS- TH2 PLUS.

:arrow_forward:In appearance, the INKBIRD logo of the IBS-M1 first generation is gray:

The INKBIRD logo of the IBS-M1 second generation is blue:

:arrow_forward:On the app, their arrangement interface is different.
The IBS-M1 first generation:

The IBS-M1 second generation:

1 Like

Hi, I just enabled the IBS-M1 gateway (second generation) with the pool thermometer IBS-P01. Using the Inkbird Pro app on my iphone 12 I can see the gateway and the temperature of the pool. I can set high and low alarms that are correctly activated and I see an alarm setting in the APP. However, I do not get a push notification that the alarm has been activated. The settings on the APP and on my iphone have Push Notifications enabled, but nothing happens. Please help.
Many thanks

May I know are you using the latest version of the Inkbird pro app?
Could you please send me the device ID of the IBS-M1 (it can be obtained from Inkbird pro - IBS-M1 - More in the upper right corner) and your country?
In the phone settings, are all permissions of the app turned on?
The alarm notification push is, when the app is running in the background/lock screen of the mobile phone, the notification will be triggered when the temperature exceeds the alarm range. If it is triggered when the app is running in the foreground, it will not be pushed.

Tania, thanks for responding: Device ID is 120001403c6105ea733c, country is Canada
All permissions are on.
I was running the app in foreground, how do I force it to be in background only?
Many thanks
Ray

Under normal circumstances, when you switch to another app, the inkbird pro app will automatically enter the background to run.
But if the phone has special settings, such as power saving mode/disabling the app from running in the background, this may affect the working of the inkbird pro app.

Tania
Thanks for the follow up. I was able to create a scenario that tested if the alarm was working. As you suggested I simply went to another app and this put the Inkbird into background. Since it is currently very cold here now (-20c) I opened the hot tub and removed the temperature probe and very quickly it dropped below the minimum temperature and I received a buzz and push notification to my iPhone! I did this a couple of times over 2 days and the alarm was pushed to my iPhone every time.
Many thanks for explaining how it works.
Ray

I have a second generation IBS-M1, which unfortunately doesn’t present much information to the tuya IOT platform.

The generation one IBS-M1 was able to provide a lot more details to the tuya IOT platform.

Can I exchange a second generation for first generation or can I still purchase a generation one ISB-M1?

Or can Inkbird complete the profile for generation two on the tuya IOT platform?

I have an gen 2 IBS-M1 that doesn’t talk to my open source application, the gen 1 device works quite well. My gen 2 device works perfectly with the Inkbird Pro app.

Generally the gen2 device is better, support 50 devices, etc.

Would anyone like to swap (upgrade) thier gen 1 device for my gen 2 device?