Oven Control using ITC106VL - Question about PID function

I’m setting up an ITC106VL (in combination with an SSR) to control voltage to a 2700W heating element in an oven. My supply voltage is 240V. My set point is 375F. The ITC106VL is performing well at maintaining the temperature around this setpoint to withig a range of approximately plus or minus 3 degrees F.

However, i’m not convinced that anything i’m doing regarding adjustments in the P, I, or D values is making any difference whatsoever in my starting ramp up to a more controlled, steady state temperature of 375F. Whether i use PID mode with Manual Inhibit or Automatic, my ramp up voltage stays constant on at 240V (on full) until approximately 373 to 374F. It very much “blasts” the element with power for an extremely fast temperature ramp up. I can alter the Control Period, the Proportional Band, the Integral Time, and the Derivative Time between their full range with absolutely no difference at all in this ramp up. I would like to be able to make adjustments so that the PID functions start working perhaps at 365F or so and more gradually ramp to my 375F setpoint. It is as though the controller is in an internal mode with absolutely no response to changes I make in the PID settings. No matter what i do, that controller seems to want to let that element go full “on” until it reaches just below or at the setpoint temperature at which time the PID functions seem to engage. That initial overshoot is critical for my application to be minimal. I would much rather it take a matter of 10 minutes to reach my 375F rather than the “rocket launch” approach i’m now getting.

Am i missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Lane

Please note that the power range supported by the ITC-106VL is AC/DC 12V-24V, it does not support 240V. If the limit is exceeded, it will damage the ITC-106VL.
ITC-106VL(12-24V) one SSR output+ one relay alarm output.
Power Supply Voltage: AC/DC 12V-24V±10% 50/60Hz
Main Output: Voltage Pulses Output (ITC-100V): DC 12V, 30mA;
Alarm 1 AC250V 3A (Resistive load) ON/NC

If you want to use 240V, ITC-100VH/ ITC-106VH would be more suitable.
ITC-100VH(100-240V)/ ITC-106VH(100-240V) one SSR output+ one relay alarm output.
Power Supply Voltage: AC 100-240V ±10% 50/60Hz
Main Output: Voltage Pulses Output (ITC-100V): DC 12V, 30mA;
Alarm 1 AC250V 3A (Resistive load) ON/NC

But sorry the ITC-100/ ITC-106 controller does not support the ramp function.

The parameter interpretation of ITC-100 and ITC-106 is the same, please refer to the detailed instruction of ITC-100: ITC-100_Manual_V1.pdf - Google Drive

I was wrong. My controller is the ITC106VH. it is rated for 240. sorry for my mistake in the model number.

I’m not looking for a ramp function. I just want to understand why modifying the P, the I, and the D value is not having any impact on the initial ramp up.

any ideas?

I have noticed that my 106VH will not function if I select the PID mode with Manual (rather than Manual Inhibit or Automatic) selected. It that Manual Mode it allows no voltage to pass the SSR. Is the manual mode the setting where the P, I, and D value I select are used?

Thanks,
Lane