How to slow down ITC-106vh PID heatup 30 degrees below SV temperature?

Hi, I have an ITC-106VH controlling the boiler of an espresso machine. After autotune, the PID values are P=3, I=52, D=13. Ctl is set to 0. My Set Value temperature is usually between 197 to 199 degrees F.

Currently it is sending power to the heating element 100% until it hits the SV. This causes it to overshoot by about 30 degrees F. I would like it to start slowing down 30 degrees below the set value, e.g. if my set value is 197 degrees F, it should stop sending 100% at 167 degrees F.

I tried slowly increasing the P and I values, currently it is at Ctl=0, P=30, I=472, D=13. It’s still doing the same thing, 100% power until set temperature. Is it possible to get it to slow down earlier? Thanks!

Hello,
If you have high requirements for the accuracy of temperature control, maybe you can take a look at the ITC-100VH?
The ITC-100 series is an industrial thermostat with a wide temperature range, suitable for a variety of heating systems.
Manual: ITC-100_Manual_V1.pdf - Google Drive
The ITC-106 series is a household controller, suitable for slow cooking, brewing, etc.

So is it not possible to do this with the ITC-106vh? I thought it should be possible by just setting the P value to around 30

Also, is the ITC-100 capable of modulating when PV is 30 degrees F below the SV?

Actually, is it possible to get it to stop heating about 30 degrees below SV? I’ve seen videos of other PID controllers capable of this, for example https://youtu.be/jdZ6kOjGuiY?si=1QRflRqs2LSlEV1N