IIC-600 or IIC-800-WIFI local API (Not Cloud)

I see from a few other threads that the API for the IIC-800-WIFI or IIC-600 is closed source.

My concern is that if Inkbird stop supporting this product in the years to come, that the device will become useless and stop working, with no workaround. This is an increasingly common problem with IoT devices.

Are there any plans on making a user accessible API on local network?

This way people could continue to use it without cloud integration using things like HomeAssistant.

It doesn’t even need to be super extensive in functionality, since the ‘smarts’ can be offloaded to another service.

I.e. Just the ability to:

• Turn off / on each zone
  • Status of each zone
  • Rain sensor value (if connected)

In my case - I want API access since the IIC-800 does not have rain-skip based on local weather. This is something I’ve requested as a feature here: IIC-800-WIFI Local Weather Rain Skip, but if there was local API control, then you could ‘workaround’ the lack of this feature.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello,
Sorry, the IIC-800-WIFI and IIC-600-WIFI cannot skip scheduled irrigation based on local forecast, they require a rain sensor. The weather function is for reference. Using a rain sensor will provide more accurate detection of local rain conditions.
Currently, the R&D department does not have an open API for the device, and they need time for planning :cry:.