IIC-800-WIFI or IIC-600-WIFI API Available

Does Inkbird provided an API for the IIC-600-WIFI/IIC-800-WIFI?

This would be a great feature for the product as it will open it up for many customers that wish to integrate into larger home system monitoring and control system.

There must be something as there is Inkbird phone APPs that communicate already.

I prefer not having to attempt to reverse engineer the communication protocol/method.

Please advise or better yet publish it.

1 Like

Hello,
Sorry, currently the API is not provided.

Any Estimated date it will be?

Also, any reason why you would not publish it?

V

1 Like

I would be interested in an API as well. I would like to monitor the device through my IOBroker Home Automation system.
Rainer

1 Like

+1
This would be the #1 determining factor in which irrigation system to purchase.

1 Like

I really wish they would release the Api for the inkbird as I am part of a huge group that uses them for many temperature control projects both hot and cold. It would definitely increase the use as many more people can integrated with the Hardware. I think not releasing it will move our projects and applications to different hardware.

Please add API support so we can control via Home Assistant

+1
That would be a great Feature.

I believe the devices are using the Tuya platform but it seems to use a highly customised integration. I tried registering my IIC-800-WIFI using the SmartLife app for the Tuya platform and it did register but the interface in Smartlife was not very usable.
I agree with others in this thread, an API would be a big selling point for these controllers. Once everyone found out that they could be integrated into HomeAssistant and other automation systems, they would sell like hotcakes.

Bruce,

We all agree with you that they would sell more if they had an API that could be used to integrate with HA and others.

V

Go InkBird Go! :hugs:
Publish the API :grinning: