IBT-26S Remote Monitoring away from home WiFi

Hi

Please see the attachments for the thermometer I bought. I’m not sure where I can find the model number as the packaging has been thrown away. Would it be 2nd generation IBS-P02B ? As far as using Bluetooth with the thermometer…that is how I can see the temp details on my phone…by using bluetooth.

From what you are saying both INKBIRD and ENGBIRD should work ??

Im not so bothered about the INKBIRD app as the ENGBIRD does work…however

I have a number of cameras in my home and outside that work through the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth and they work anywhere in the world as long as my home Wi-Fi is working ( it is on all the time ) and I am connected to the internet. Your thermometer app DOES NOT ?? All I get when I open the app is a message saying that it cant find the sensor / or cant find device ?..why is that. Should it not work anywhere ??

I really do appreciate all the help you are trying to give me. I just wish I could understand why it doesn’t work all the time

David

If it can connect to the Engbird app, it means it is IBS-P01B/IBS-P02B, but please kindly understand that it only has Bluetooth function and it will be limited by the Bluetooth range.
If you want to implement WIFI connection function, please use it with IBS-M1 or IBS-M2 gateway.
IBS-P01B/IBS-P02B can be connected to the gateway via Bluetooth, and the gateway can be connected to the INKBIRD APP via 2.4GHz wifi and upload data, so that you can remotely view data.

Hi.

What is IBS-M1 or IBS-M2 I don’t understand. Is it a different thermometer.

David

IBS-M1 or IBS-M2 are gateways that can be used to connect some Bluetooth/RF sensor models in order to upload sensor data to INKBIRD APP via 2.4GHz wifi for remote viewing of data.
IBS-M1 can support up to 50 sensors. Supported models are: IBS-TH1, IBS-TH1 Mini, IBS-TH1 Plus, IBS-P01B, IBS-P02B, ITH-20R-O, IBS-P01R-O, IBS -TH2, IBS- TH2 PLUS.
IBS-M2 has a screen function. It can support up to 9 sensors. The supported models are:
IBS-TH1 Mini, IBS-TH1, IBS-TH1 PLUS, IBS-TH2, IBS-TH2 PLUS, IBS-P01B, IBS-P02B, ITH-20R-O, IBS-P01R-O, IRS-WD1, ITH-12S , IBS-P02R-O

Hi Tania,

There is clearly an issue with this model and wifi connectivity.

We have dual 5G/2.4GHz wifi that provides excellent strength throughout our home.

If I turn off Bluetooth in the app, the thermometer will drop the wifi connection. The only way to monitor the thermometer in the app is to have Bluetooth turned on.

Unfortunately this limits the unit’s range to the Bluetooth range.

In addition to this, no matter whether you have alarms activated or the unit silenced, you get constant alarms that Bluetooth has disconnected or reconnected.

I was cooking last night (base unit on a wooden table approx 5m from our kitchen bench, wifi and Bluetooth enabled) and the app simply stopped updating temperature.

There’s no need to place the unit next to the router as you consistently suggest people do - it connects to wifi just fine, but seems to lack the ability to work without Bluetooth on which wasn’t how it was sold to customers.

Overall it’s a pretty disappointing product for the price.

Hello,
Please understand that placing the IBS-26S next to the router is just a test method to avoid other interference and to verify whether the WIFI function of the IBS-26S can work. The hotspot test method mentioned in the post is also used to verify the WIFI connection distance of IBT-26S. Test results will involve different solutions.
Please make sure the INKBIRD app is the latest version.
If possible, please provide your country, mobile phone model, router brand, time when the problem occurred and the device ID of IBT-26S to email support@inkbird.com.
Engineers will investigate.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Ok - so trying to use this thing again tonight.

Connected to our wifi network and Bluetooth fine - I could monitor temps from upstairs.

Thermometer has now randomly started disconnecting from Bluetooth despite me being no more than 5m away with a glass window in between.

Because there appears to be no way of silencing Bluetooth alarms, every minute or so I get an alarm that it’s disconnected then another that it’s reconnected.

Phone: iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 17.3.1)
App info:

An amazingly frustrating piece of kit.

Just to confirm, can its WIFI stay connected? Is it just that Bluetooth disconnects at a distance of 5 meters?
Because WIFI disconnection and Bluetooth disconnection are different situations.
If only bluetooth is disconnected, maybe you can test the bluetooth distance where there are no obstacles. If possible, please make sure that the phone does not automatically connect to other Bluetooth devices during this period, otherwise it may interfere with the IBT-26S’s Bluetooth connection.
If it still disconnects, please provide order information and problem description to email support@inkbird.com for after-sales service.