IBS-TH2 - Settling time

It seems to take a look time for this device to reach temperature. Is this normal? I just installed it in my freezer last night and it took almost 40 minutes to get from room temperature to the freezers temperature.

Hello,
May I know is there a big difference between room temperature and freezer temperature?
If the temperature difference is relatively large, this situation is normal. Because the sensor needs time to read the temperature. As the temperature reading approaches the actual temperature, it will slow down until the correct temperature reading is obtained.

overt 50 degrees F. How long does it take to measure a small change? I.e. door is open and the temperature goes up 3 to 4 degrees.

Sorry, the speed of temperature reading is not fixed.
If it is going from low temperature to high temperature, it will read a little faster.
If it is dropped from high temperature to low temperature, it will read a little slower.

How long should it take to read a stable temperature?

Hello,
I consulted with engineers and they replied that it depends on ambient temperature and sensor exposure.
Maybe you could take it out of the freezer to test and see how the temperature reading changes?

Can you have your engineers give a little more information? If it is in the freezer and the door is left open, how long does it take to see a temperature change?

Hello,
The sensor is sampled every 10 seconds. If the temperature changes, the reading will change approximately every 10 seconds until the correct temperature reading is obtained.

Thanks. I’m wondering if the mass is too large that the device will not see a temperature change in the freeze until several minutes after the door is left open?

Hi, I’m reading above that the sensor is sampled every 10 seconds.
I installed my IBS-TH2 Hygrometer 3 days ago and I did not change the sampling interval in the application because I’m ok with the standard of 2 minutes.
Unfortunately, when I look at my trace I see that samples are sent at different intervals (even 10 seconds) apparently as soon as the temperatures changes.
This is badly affecting the battery duration.
Am I missing something?

Hello,
Please understand that the sample time and interval time are two different things.
The sampling time is the time at which the IBS-TH2 reads the temperature, which corresponds to a real-time temperature reading. The sampling time cannot be changed. Therefore, when there is a change in temperature, it is normal for it to send real-time readings at 10-second intervals.
The time interval time is the interval at which the chart records data. If you set 2 minutes, it will record data every 2 minutes based on the real-time reading.
If you want to save battery power, please do not keep the Bluetooth connection all the time. If possible, please connect regularly and check the historical data.

Hi to you and thanks for your answer.
Let me repeat your explanation to see if I understood it well.
From one side there is the IBS-TH2 unit.
By itself the unit samples the temperature every 10 seconds and, if a change is recognized, it send out the new values via BT.
If I’m not mistaken, because of the BLE protocol, the new data are made available to eventual listener whether they are there or not.
If this is true, I can’t get how I can save the battery of the IBS-TH2 since its behavior would not change.

Still, from your answer I understand that the interval is just the frequency of recording of the app… so, changing this parameter will not affect the battery consumption of the IBS-TH2. Is it right?

An additional question. The temperature measurement has 2 decimal digits, so a change is recognized even for a variation of 0,01°C.
Is there a way to setup a different triggering variation?

For info, I’m currently doing a test of your unit as part of a bigger project to monitor a set of freezer.
I integrated your product into Home Assistant using a standard BT integration, so the Engbird is never active unless I need a configuration change.
I’ll try to attach to this message a graph of the battery consumption since installation that will also show the huge amount of reading done at the moment.

Thanks for your attention and I hope you’ll help me to successfully complete the test
Giacomo

The interval time setting will have a little impact on the power. But the bigger impact is the behaviour of the IBS-TH2 staying connected to the app via Bluetooth at all times and the app reading the IBS-TH2’s historical data.
Sorry, triggering variation cannot be changed.