How to Reset an Offline ITC-308-WIFI?

The ITC-308-WIFI goes Offline for several external reasons: 1) A complete power outage, 2) A cable/internet provider outage, 3) The cell phone hosting the Inkbird App might switch to 5.0 Ghz.
How do I get the ITC-308 WIFI back on line? Is there a way to reset the controller? The inkbird app does not give me an option, or at least i have not seen that option, to reset / reconnect the controller. The only way I have found to solve this situation is to remove the controller, and then add a new controller. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ivan

Hello,
Have you changed the settings of your router? Does the router have a firewall setting? If the router is rebooted, do other wifi devices need to reconnect with it?
Normally, if it is re-powered and the ITC-308-WIFI is within range of the 2.4GHz wifi signal it was previously connected to, it is going to reconnect to the wifi.
Maybe you can try to put ITC-308-WIFI next to the 2.4GHz wifi router to test it. After pairing, please reboot the power of ITC-308-WIFI, will it reconnect to wifi?

Hi Tania,

The good news is that the ITC-308-WIFI only loses the wifi connection to the inkbird app in the cell phone, but the controller itself continues to work without any problems. The bad news is that I have tried everything that you suggested and the controller will not re-connect. The only option after losing wifi connection is to remove the device in the app, and re-install the device as a new device, and things will go fine until there another event that causes;the temporary loss of wifi.

I do appreciate your prompt response. I am providing below a few technical items related to this issue in case that you or someone else might be interested.

Regards,
Ivan

1. I have a 1 G cable connection to the house with a state-of-the art modem/router. I also have a state-of-the-art cell phone operating on 5G. I also have a variety of devices connected using WIFI, and among those devices there are several devices that operate on the 2.4 Ghz. It does not matter the cause for the temporary loss of WIFI, when the service is restored all devices re-connect automatically.
  2. the ITC-308 is the only device that requires that the phone operates on the 2.4 Ghz signal. It was a surprise, to say the least, so to get around other issues, I purchased a state-of-the-art wifi extender just to run the ITC on a dedicated 2.4 Ghz signal. The extender is about 15 feet from the controller, the signal strenght is not an issue. What is an issue is that I need the controller in the attic which is not easily accessible due to location and safety issues. I need the controller to help me mitigate the high summer heat, therefore this is a seasonal issue that will last for maybe another couple of months.
1 Like