I got a pellet smoker from my bro this birthday and i used it for a backyard BBQ party with family and friends. It was quite different from a simple bbq dinner like i did, so i made this guide for beginners, hoping this share would do some help.
- Available equipment is very important. A smoker gives a smoky tang to the meat, while a grill is also good since it is relatively easy to operate.
- As for the wood pellets for the smoker, it’s better to stock up to avoid running out, and i usually choose hickory, it all depends on your preference, or you can also just choose blends.
- BBQ thermometer is a great addition to all grilling backyard accessories. Every pit master knows that properly regulated heat produces good meats. I invested in an ibbq-4bw at an affordable price and it never let me down, making me monitor the cooking even in the couch, really cool
- BBQ Gloves and long tongs are necessary. they protect your skin safe from burns as it can get really hot near your grill.
- Aluminum foil for food packaging can be very useful, especially when vegetables, fish, and tender meat are on the food lists.
Now, the equipment is here, you can move to the next step-prepare. My advice is to make a list so that you won’t mess it up.