As a bbq enthusiast, i have to say, grilling is an all-year-round thing! With a few precautions, you can still enjoy happy gatherings and delicious grilled food in the long winter. Here are some tips
- Keeping warm is always the first important thing when grilling outdoors.
- Keep the grill sheltered with a well-ventilated area and never inside the house. It’s all for security.
- The grill elements are more likely to become brittle or cracked in cold weather, so it’s necessary to double-check the lines, all connections, knobs, dials, and other parts.
- Start earlier. since the days are shorter in winter, you’d better prep all things ahead of time than usual to avoid cooking outside in the dark.
- When it’s freezing outside, the grill takes longer to get up to the desired temperature, so we need to have extra warm-up time. also, the cold weather may affect the cooking time and temp, a meat thermometer is a good way to avoid undercooked meat.
- Low n Slow meat is perfect for winters, such as pork shoulder, tenderloin, and pork butt. They don’t require constant checking and flipping.
- Last but not least, cover the grill with a sturdy grill cover when not in use to protect it from the wet and cold.
What’s your grilling idea this winter? pls share and comment below