Dear INKBIRD PRO app users,
In order to offer you better app experience, INKBIRD has launched a brand new app called “INKBIRD APP” and integrated all INKBIRD products into it.
INKBIRD will stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app from all Android and IOS app stores on May 1st, 2023 (Beijing Time), please do make sure that you have downloaded and registered our new app “INKBIRD” by the date we stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app.
INKBIRD PRO app will still work for those users who have downloaded and used it and all of its functions WILL NOT be affected by this event. But we do recommend those users who have downloaded and used INKBIRD PRO app to download and register our INKBIRD app for better service and use experience.
If you decide to switch from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD app, please download INKBIRD app directly from the link: APP – INKBIRD
And PLEASE KINDLY NOTICE THAT WE CANNOT MIGRATE OR SYNCHRONIZE DATA AMONG THESE TWO APPS BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL ISSUES, SO WHEN YOU SWITCH TO INKBIRD APP, THE DATA OF YOUR FORMER APP WILL BE LOST. WE FEEL DEEPLY SORRY FOR YOUR DATA LOOSE IF HAPPENS.
INKBIRD is always keeping making every efforts to offer our users bettter and better products and services, while we may bring you some inconvenience in the course of making such kind of efforts, we DO feel sorry for any inconvenience you may encounter with, please offer your understanding and forgiveness and we will make all better and better.
If you need any support from us in the course of switching from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD app, please send your e-mails to email@example.com and our team will offer help to you ASAP.
THANK YOU FOR ALL.
Good luck to us all.
Dear INKBIRD PRO app users,
I’ve downloaded, installed, and registered both the InkBird [new] app and the PRO app. But, when I installed the Legacy app, it said it would stop working on March 15th, and not May 1st. So, which is it??
FYI – I just bought:
TWO - IBS-TH2 PLUS with TEMP probe, AND
The IIc-800 irrigation controller
INKBIRD PRO app is the app that will stop updating.
Is it possible to provide a screenshot of it would stop working on March 15th?
It appears that the March 15th message only shows up when you first install and open the PRO app. So I think it is more of an artifact of that build. (Search source for the date, if relevant).
– Personally, I think the IMPLICATIONS of what occurs when this date arrives is more important than the date itself. I’d make these clearer, soon:
On or about May 1st, 2023, for the “PRO” APP:
- It will be removed from Google Play [store], so you won’t be able to install it from there.
(We plan to make a copy available to do a “side-install” for anyone, from this forum or tech support, for legacy support reasons.)
- No further UPDATES to the app itself will occur.
- Creating an account, or a new login from the app will no longer be supported. (BUT, if you are already using the app, if will still log on when you open the app and be accessible until this date: ?? / ?? / 2023.)
- Your DEVICES that were registered to that app on your phone, WILL continue to “talk to YOUR PHONE”, and record that data LOCALLY, ON your phone / tablet. BUT, that data will NOT be forwarded to, or any NEW DATA available on our servers, after ?? / ?? / 2023
- Your DATA will still be accessible in the app until ?? / ?? / 2023 – But you should DOWNLOAD all the data in CVS format by this date, if you want a copy. After that, it will de deleted from our server. (NOTE that this data will NOT be migrated to the new INKBIRD [master] APP.
- (Please write the month NAME, since in the US, it shows “January 15th” as 01/15, when most everywhere else, it is shown as 15/01 instead.)
Something similar could be used for all the apps that are a legacy apps with logins and data that you EOL.
I haven’t checked, but hopefully BOTH in this forum AND for any logins in the apps, you support CHANGING the email addresses, for LOGIN, VALIDATION, or COMMUNICATION / ALERTS.
- This is critical for anyone that moves, or must change ISPs. In my case, the company I own sold our domain, and although for a period of time they will forward email to me, eventually that will stop. The result is, you’d lose a customer, they’d get no more email alerts, they can’t VALIDATE that they had that address, since immediately, they can no longer SEND any email from that address, and eventually if forwarded, (or immediately), they won’t be able to validate that they can receive emails.
HISTORY and why this is essential –
When I sold my domain, I had set my ECOBEE thermostat with the email account I registered at ECOBEE.com. When I wanted to change it, they said they had HARDCODED my email address as the “master record ID” and could NEVER be changed. They told me I would have to REREGISTER a NEW ACCOUNT, and then ERASE all my thermostat settings manually, after just writing them down while looking through all the local settings locally on the device. Also, I would then LOSE ALL my past history of that thermostat for the past four years.
Of course, all this is EASILY avoidable, if you don’t HARCODE the email address as the database username. Even if you do have a login name, using and old email address, never USE or REFERENCE that email address inside the company for anything, including validation of an account, alerts, or user contact, once someone changes their email address.