Inkbird Pro app - cloud storage space and history records?

I own 4 IBS-TH1 Plus sensors and one IBS-M1 (rev2) gateway. The sensors were initially planned to log T/H data independent from any cloud and be read out and programmed via the Engbird app. Sadly in turned out, that the sensors are not logging point by point in the set interval, but instead store data in a sequence of real and interpolated logged values. The set is:

• a block of 10 data-points consisting of 1 real + 8 interpolated + 1 real value
  • followed by the next block of 1r+8i+1r
  • and so on…
    The last incomplete block is stored correctly.
    This makes the shortest “real” logging of data instead of 10 seconds to actually 100 seconds, where the two neighboring real values of each 10-block have limited value to the total log.

Now comes the IBS-M1 into play. This is listening to all compatible Inkbird sensors around and stores their reported values according to the settings made with the Inkbird Pro app.

This Inkbird Pro App sits on a cloud architecture provided by TUYA and integrates the IBS-M1 into this cloud. This has the advantage, that Inkbird does not have to deal with providing and maintaining the cloud infrastructure, but it comes with the price that Inkbird has to comply with the rules that TUYA sets to such application providers.

So far I also use other TUYA devices and have integrated them all to their native app. This works quite nice, but it seems that linked T/H sensors only have the generic interface of reading and displaying data via the app. An export to CSV is not possible and the mail export is only on hourly interval (day) as it seems to recorded this way. Daily history data is limited to some 30+ days.

I notice that the Inkbird App is by far delivering better interface based on the TUYA cloud, on the price that the IBS-M1 (rev2) cannot be integrated to the native TUYA app. This however is a price I am willing to pay for the sake of better service.

Now come my observations for Inkbird Pro with IBS-M1 (rev2):

• the shortest logging interval is 1 minute (60 seconds)
    however this is still better than the compressed 1+8+1+1+8+1 for a 10 seconds setting via Engbird app inside the IBS-TH1 Plus which results in 100 seconds interval of real data points.
  • CSV reported data include internal AND external sensor data. The export via Engbird App directly from the sensors storage only reports one temperature (external if connected).
  • CSV saving depends on the visible period.
    So you can only save one day at a time - which also has advantages
  • CSV file naming is not intuitive as it omits the exported period (day, week, month, year) and its value
  • CSV Export for periods longer than a day (week, month, year) have larger intervals than set for the sensor. Week interval delivers for day 1 minute: 16 minutes, for day 5 minutes: 20 minutes

Now my questions:

• How many days of past records will the cloud retain?
  • What is the logic of compressing original interval to larger period records?
    Please supply values for all periods (week, month and year).
  • is there a record limit per user, if so, how is it enforced?

Thanks + kind regards

The number of days recorded depends on the time interval setting.
Assuming that the time interval is 1 minute, the number of days of data storage is around 20 days (30,000/ 24/ 60 ≈ 20.8 days).
Engbird’s compression logic is that all 10 points are recorded, and then the maximum and minimum values of these 10 points are extracted and interpolated. This is to reduce the amount of data read from the original data on the app side.
Regarding the IBS-M1 csv data export, if you select day, it will export the data according to the time interval set. When week, month or year is selected, it will provide data only when there is a change in the temperature and humidity data. For example, set 1 minute interval, exported by week, it will provide one data if the temperature changes at 10:00 and a second data if it doesn’t change until 10:13. This is to reduce the amount of data interacted without affecting the data track.
There is no record limit for users.