IBS-TH1 vs IBS-TH2 family - data compression or not?

Hi, I own 4 IBS-TH1 Plus sensors and lately also an IBS-M1 gateway.

As I had to learn, the IBS-TH1 Plus is not storing the data as the logging interval is set, but after having recorded 10 data items it deletes the datapoints 2-9 and replaces them with linear interpolated data between point 1 and 10. The history data-log is thus not delivering what it promised, except the latest maximum 9 values if you exported before the last block was compressed.
I suspect the same behavior for any of the IBS-TH1 sensor family.

• Does the IBS-TH2 family apply the same (or different) compression to the logged data?
  • Do you provide any sensor with internal logging and external temperature probe that does NOT compress its internal data?
  • Some kind of working around the internal compression is to use the IBS-M1 gateway to log to the cloud, however restricting the applicable use-cases.

Unfortunately, I own the IBS-TH2 Plus and while the screen responds within seconds to temperature and humidity changes, the logging is as you describe with the compression behavior doing the same thing. It’s very disappointing that they advertise being able to log at 10-second intervals, but in reality that’s false because most of those data points are fake. I wonder if we could convince Inkbird to release a firmware update that removes this compression?

The ITH-20R has a slightly better algorithm. Instead of having a preset sending interval, it is dynamic, depending on the change in value (temperature) So if the temperature fluctuates a lot, the sensor will broadcast every 20 seconds. If the temperature is relatively stable, the interval increases up to 4 minutes.

What about for the internal logging? Can it log actual temperatures at 20 seconds or does it also have this compression that is causing us the loss of readings?