IBS-M1 not flashing at all

Lost connectivity of my IBS-M1 gateway. I’ve removed the device from the app and follow the steps. First of, WiFi buttn never lights up, secondly, no device is discovered. Howerver, I do find SmartLife-FFE1 under on the list and I able to connect to it. I’ve had this device for about 2 years now, and gateway was working ok.

Hello,
Just to confirm, are you using the INKBIRD app, or the INKBIRD pro app?
If you can see the SmartLife-FFE1 hotspot, it means its WIFI function is working. Please connect it using the slow blink mode.
Please refer to this post:

If the IBS-M1 can connect to the phone normally, except that the WIFI indicator does not light up, this may be a problem with the WIFI indicator hardware.

Yes, it’s clear that the WiFi indicator is not working. But this wasn’t my question. The issue is, why I can not connect to my home WiFi?

1. 2.4GHz network is available, I have multiple devices around the house that use a 2.4GHz signal.
  2. I have a mesh router in the house, and your device is right next to one of pods
  3. I am using INKBIRD app, the same one I’ve bee using since I purchase this product, about 2 years ago.

Please advise,
-Ilya

Please use the slow blink mode to connect it.
Please:

1. The mobile phone is connected to the 2.4GHz wifi (Please make sure that the phone is not connected to the 5GHz wifi band), the 2.4GHz wifi router can successfully surf the Internet, and the phone location permission has been opened.
  2. Open the INKBIRD app, select the IBS-M1 and AP mode, enter the wifi name and password, the app will prompt you to connect to smartlife-xxx.
  3. Please switch the page to the mobile phone wifi connection settings, after connecting to the smartlife-xxx hotspot, it will display “connected without internet”.
  4. Then please return to the app immediately, click confirm, and it will enter the connection mode.
    Can it work?

Yes, I got it to work. I was using old IBS-M1 app which is no longer supported by you. I’ve switched to newer app and worked right away

| Tania Moderator
March 31 |

• | - |

Please use the slow blink mode to connect it.
Please:

1. The mobile phone is connected to the 2.4GHz wifi (Please make sure that the phone is not connected to the 5GHz wifi band), the 2.4GHz wifi router can successfully surf the Internet, and the phone location permission has been opened.
  2. Open the INKBIRD app, select the IBS-M1 and AP mode, enter the wifi name and password, the app will prompt you to connect to smartlife-xxx.
  3. Please switch the page to the mobile phone wifi connection settings, after connecting to the smartlife-xxx hotspot, it will display “connected without internet”.
  4. Then please return to the app immediately, click confirm, and it will enter the connection mode.
    Can it work?
1 Like