My learning about raising discus

Once I dig into raising some discus, I spent much time learning how to make a setup and keep them. Here i’d like to share something I’ve learned……

1. This hobby requires more than just a tank and some fish. It requires patience, understanding, and dedication. Some unexpected situations may occur, even through tough times, and you have to deal with them.
  2. There are a wide variety of illnesses out there that can be avoided simply by understanding the nature of the hobby and the fish. So learning about your fish is basic.
  3. Hex can be caused by many things, including stress, water conditions, food, shipping, bullying, and even the wrong location in the house. so you should pay attention to every factor to make them stay healthy.
  4. Food and WATER QUALITY are the most important factors in raising a large and healthy discus. They prefer warm, soft, and acidic water. The temperature should be kept between 82° and 86° F, and the pH should be between 6.0 and 7.0. Oh well. here i wanna say thanks to your 306a temp controllers, always help my discus fish live well.
    i really appreciate any good ideas/suggestions. :pray:

IMG_6328

1 Like

It’s gorgeous, I am also using 306A now for my fish room now