Could Someone Give me Advice on Optimizing Temperature Control for Brewing with Inkbird ITC-308?

Hello there,

I recently started using the Inkbird ITC-308 temperature controller for my homebrewing setup; and I am looking for some advice to optimize its use. So far; I have been really impressed with its precision and ease of use; but I want to ensure I am getting the best performance possible.

I am using an old fridge as my fermentation chamber.
I have a small heating pad to maintain temperature when it gets too cold.
I have placed the temperature probe in a thermowell inside the fermenter.

Is the thermowell placement the most accurate method, or should I consider another placement for more precise readings?

I have noticed a slight temperature swing of about 1-2 degrees Celsius. Is this normal; and if so; how do you manage it? :thinking: Are there any specific settings or tips to reduce this fluctuation? :thinking:

What are the optimal settings for the cooling and heating differential? :thinking: I want to avoid frequent cycling that could stress the equipment.

Also, I have gone through this post; https://inkbird.com/products/temperature-controller-itc-308-wifi-uipath/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

Are there any additional accessories or modifications you recommend to enhance the performance or reliability of the ITC-308 in a brewing setup?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: