ITC-308 WIFI trend

A few questions about the APP trends.

1. Device time: from where is it taken? Or, better, how is the device synchronized?

2. In the trend a temperature value is reported every 15 minutes, what is shown is the instantaneous value at the 15th minute or the average of the values over the 15 minutes?

3. In the APP I can find a record of data for each day, Where are that data stored, on the device or on the web? How many days will be kept?

Many thanks for your help.

Hello,
The time of the APP is synchronized with the time of the mobile phone. The APP will record data every 15 minutes according to time changes. It displays the instantaneous value of the 15th minute.
The data of ITC-308WIFI is uploaded to the cloud, and it can retain the data for 7 days.
So it is: ITC-308WIFI (connect to 2.4GHz wifi) ā†’ app (cloud) ā† phone (wifi/ mobile network).

Hi Tania
15 min. is quite low frequency. Is there any way to increase it to at least every 5 min.? Every minute would be perfect.

2 Likes

Hello,
May I know in what scenarios do you need this function?
Is its temperature fluctuation relatively large?
I want to know if many people need this feature? If the demand is relatively large, I can submit it as a market proposal. Maybe engineers can improve it in the future.
Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m using it to control the central heating in my home. Iā€™m not really using the trend chart because of the lack of precision.
Actually, Iā€™d like to have more indicators on the chart:

• the temperature setting. Iā€™m using a scenario to modify it and Iā€™d like to monitor it.
  • the ON/OFF status for heating and cooling to control the activity

is there an API to collect the data from the device or the app?

1 Like

Sorry, the API is not provided.
I will send it as a suggestion to the engineer, thank you.

Hello,
thank you to all for go inside this topic. Iā€™m using the ITC-308 wifi to control beer fermentationā€™s.
If the data on the trend could be more detailed it will be more usefull in order to better set the heating/cooling differential values.
To have at least 1 minute of resolution will be great.
Another question: at which frequency are updated the ā€œreal timeā€ data on the APP?
Tank you

Hello,
The real-time data of the APP is updated based on the readings of ITC-308WIFI, it may have a delay of 5-10 seconds.

1 Like

im having issue and post a topic also

Frequency is also too low for my uses.

Iā€™m using the ITC-308 Wifi as a valve controler on solar panels to heat my pool. This work fine, but the low recording frequency doesnt allow me to see in the recorded data when the valve was closed or openedā€¦

A recording frequency faster than once per minute would certainly allow such detectionā€¦ Some recording of the heating/cooling status of the ITC-308 (at each status changes) would certainly also do the thing.

Your stuff is just next to the best thing for data analysis at an affordable price. Just a few more tweaks and gadgets, and you will be the sole leader in the datalogging tools and daisy chainning controlers available to mass market!
(and the addition of an API would open your tools to larger still market of datasavvy users)

Thanks for the consideration you have for your users!

k

Is there any update or plan yet to make the data sampling frequency configurable in the app? Thanks

In general any food DIY projects are interested in maintaining temperature and humidity to within a 5 degrees C (or F equivalent) or 5-10% RH. Yes, in many of these applications the temp/humidity changes this much in about 15 mins and you loose all the visibility regarding how these changes happen with only a 15 min window. Competing devices are faster and most wifi temp/humidity monitors are faster (including IBS-TH3 which can be as low as 10mins). Bluetooth monitors are almost instantaneous.

I am using a 308 to control the temperature of a chest freezer - bypassing the freezer thermostat. This works well, but I wasnā€™t aware of the 15minute lag on the plots. No wonder it doesnā€™t reflect what the unit screen says! I would like to see much much shorter lag times - instantaneous would be perfect, but even 1 minute would be much better.

The smooth line in the plot is misleading - now that I read that it is only recording every 15 minutes, I can see that I can only read the temperature with the pop out windows on the plot at these intervals. The plot should not be smoothed, but plotted as straight lines between points shown as symbols. This would make it obvious what is being shown.

This thread covers exactly the same questions I asked myself so i try to reactivate it.

I use the itc 308 WiFi and I use 200 WiFi to control temperature and humidity in a greenhouse.

The switching points work fine, but the resolution of the data in the trend diagram cannot reflect the effects of the work cycles of the devices, i.e. heating, dehumidifiers, etc. However, this would be important for me in order to be able to save energy and to be able to adapt the parameters of the control system to the performance of the devices.

The presentation of the data in the trend diagram is misleading, the rounding suggests data that is not available. In this case, the data points should simply be given, possibly with dashed straight connecting lines.

If the time interval between the measuring points could be adjusted, and the switching state of the controller was also output, the whole thing would be perfect in my opinion and you could use the full potential of the controls.

So my question is, is there still the will from inkbird to improve something? Are there any plans already? Maybe this has already been implemented and I just canā€™t find it? Iā€™m looking forward to any response!

Sorry, due to hardware limitations, the diagram settings of ITC-308-WIFI and IHC-200-WIFI cannot be adjusted.
In future new model, this function will be optimized.
Please pay attention to INKBIRDā€™s new product updates.
Thanks.