IBS-M1 gateway lights meaning

quick question:

is there any uses or meaning to the 8 lights on the IBS-M1 gateway?

I have 5 or 6 thermometers connected to my gateway, and only the third light gives me a pattern of some 5 flashes. Is there any specific meaning to this?

thanks!

Hello,
The IBS-M1 will not have all 8 lights lit. Only one light will blink. When it blinks once, it means it is receiving data from the sensor.
Please refer to the actual number of sensors connected to the app.

1 Like

Hm, I observed the same and could not find a logic. For my IBS-M1 (rev2, blue Inkbird logo) and the 4 linked IBS-TH1 Plus, the second from left blue light of the 8 in row blinks.

• Will the number of linked T/H sensors define which of the 8 lights will blink?

• Since storage space inside IBS-M1 is limited, could the 8 LEDs not also be used to indicate if storage space runs full?

The manual is missing any explanation of the 8 LEDs.

1 Like

When working, no matter how many sensors are connected, only the second indicator light of IBS-M1 (blue Inkbird logo) will be on, and the other seven indicators will not be on.

buzzy reports, that the 3rd light flashes for 5/6 connected sensors, for mine with 4 connected sensors it is the 2nd light. Also in my case it is a pattern of 5 flashes.

Sadly you omit any more specific information about the use of the 8 LEDs.

Please refer to this video:

The indicator light is flashing to indicate that the gateway is acquiring data.
The rest of the lights are meaningless.